By Alicia Grace
Want to throw your child a phenomenal birthday party while on a budget? Here a 5 quick tips to planning a successful and inexpensive, yet FUN party.
- Go digital.Send a free electronic Initiation via email to invite your guests. You will save money on the paper invites and mailing stamps. Send a simple follow-up text to your invited guests to confirm they received the invitation as some people may not check their email frequently.
- Start Shopping for Supplies Early. This will give you time to compare prices and/or order online without paying rush or expedited shipping cost. Check out Dollar Stores which have almost everything you need including balloons, table clothes, plates, napkins, party favors and candles each for $1.
- Consider a Dual Party.If your child’s birthday falls around the time of another friend’s birthday, consider doubling up with the other parent to help save on costs. Be sure though each child gets their own cake so they can blow out the candles.
- Plan and Facilitate Free activities.Instead of hiring a clown/magician of other entertainment, plan free activities that are fun but do not cost a cent.
- Freeze Dance
- Musical Chairs
- Simon Says
- Duck Duck Goose
- Relay Races
- How Long Can you Holla Hoop
- Select a Free Venue. Plan the party in the backyard, at a local park or Forest Preserve, or at a friend’s or relative’s house that has party room “Club house” area in their condo building to keep cost low.